Monday, July 26, 2010

한국어 공부합니다! (Studying Korean)




안녕하세요!
저는 허니입니다.
전는 열일곱살입니다.
저는 필리핀 사람입니다.
저는 대학생입니다.
만나서반갑습니다!

These are always the first thing to know in learning a new language. Self-introduction. The one that I wrote is the way how Koreans introduce themselves. Same as introducing yourself in English, it also starts with a greeting. Next is your name. Then age. Followed by telling where you came from. Career, and the last one is the closing remarks.

Here it goes:
안녕하세요! (an-nyeong-ha-se-yo!) means Hello!
저는 허니입니다. (cheo-neun honey(my name)im-ni-da.) My name is Honey.
저는 열일곱살입니다. (cheo-neun yeol-il-gop-sal-im-ni-da.) I'm seventeen years old. *actually it doesn't matter if you want to say this or not.
저는 필리핀 사람입니다. (cheo-neun pil-li-pin(Philippines)sa-ram-im-ni-da) I'm a Filipino.
저는 대학생입니다. (cheo-neun tae-hak-saeng-im-ni-da.) I'm in college.
만나서반갑습니다! (man-na-seo-pan-gap-seum-ni-da!) Nice to meet you!/Glad to meet you!

Take note that a Korean word is just pronounced a syllable alone by itself. For example: 저 is only read as "cho" which means I or me. But not all single syllable means something. Some are just use as a grammatical ending, compound, shortcut, slang, etc. You will learn that as you go and pursue studying Korean.

Well done! that is how to pronounce those phrases. You can now introduce yourself in a Korean! This is simple steps may lead to a good conversation. (But how? I don't know how to speak Korean very well! I just know how to introduce myself!)

If that's you question, let me answer.
"한국 말 조금 알아요. 그냥, 자기 소개서 아라요."
This literally mean "I just know a little Korean. Just self introduction"
for a better translation, it is like this: "I just know how to introduce my self in Korean."

Here is how it is pronounced: Han-guk mal jo-geum ar-a-yo. geu-nyang, ja-gi so-gae-seo a-ra-yo.

If you don't know something and you want to tell it in Korean , just say 몰라요(mol-la-yo) which means I don't know.

Korean Language is difficult at first. Well all language are not easy to learn. But if you find yourself enjoying it, you'll gonna start loving it! <3

So, that's enough for this article, i'll post another next time! :)

반갑습니다!

VOCABULARY:

1) 저는 (cheo-neun) : My, I
2) 안녕하세요 (an-yeong-ha-sae-yo) : Hello
3) 필리핀 (pil-li-pin) : Philippines
4) 한국 (han-guk) : Korea : 대한민국 (dae-han-min-guk) South Korea
5) 일본 (il-bon) : Japan
6) 미국 (mi-guk) : America(North and South)
7) 중국 (jung-guk) : China
8) 영국 (yeong-guk) : United Kingdom
9) 태국 (ttae-guk) : Thailand
10) 열일곱 (yeol-il-gup) : 17
11) ~ 입니다 (im-ni-da) : a compound word that always put on the end of a sentence.
12) 사람 (sa-ram) : person, people
13) 만나서반갑습니다 (man-na-seo-pan-gap-seum-ni-da) : Nice to meet you
14) 조금 (cheo-geum) : little
15) 말(말하다) (mal) : say
16) 알아요 (ar-a-yo) : I know
17) 몰라요 (mol-la-yo) : I don't know
18) 그냥 (geu-nyang) : just
19) 자기 (ja-gi) : self
20) 소개 (so-gae) : introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment